Hello and Welcome to Dandelion Smears
the gloriously atrocious manifestations of the daisy chains running through me.
You may need one of these as content can become quite heavy.
If you want to know more about me, here is a variety pack of facts:
- I write Nonfiction, Poetry, Short Stories, and a little bit of a lot of other things (I will never specify what is real and what isn’t. You can ask but it won’t get you very far).
- I took every photo on here and chances are pretty high that they are irrelevant to their posts.
- I’m a woman, sometimes I write like a man but that’s creativity not uncertainty.
- I’m a Canadian who happens to rock the accent like no one’s business. I spent my first ten years in Southern Ontario and my next ten in a mess of flights between Calgary and Vancouver. You’d guess it if you met me.
- I went to the University of British Columbia for two years and am in the midst of transferring to somewhere with white winters.
- I’m still learning. If you don’t like a piece, tell me. If it rocked your socks off, tell me. Any feedback is better than no feedback. I am a writer; if I wanted my work to go unread I’d buy a diary.
- I’ll jump in a mud pit to clean off your u-joints, I’ll eat ants and spiders if you pay me to, I’ll spend my summer nights in a lacrosse change room and breathe through my nose the entire time… but I won’t touch dirty dish water so don’t ask. It’s gross.
- I currently have 193 playlists on Spotify, all arranged by the colours I feel when I listen to them.
- I am a firm believer in the necessity of house plants, thunderstorms, and the oxford comma.
- I swear, some days my fingertips are autonomous — things may get weird.
And most importantly:
I am here to tell my truth — whatever it ends up being. My life is my biggest inspiration, as are the people in it. If you feel a piece is about you or someone you know then you’re probably right. If you feel I am not being honest, not telling the whole story, presenting you in the wrong light, etc. then you are probably right. The bad news is that there is nothing you can do about it. There are more than two sides to every coin but I am only here to show you mine. If a piece invokes a reaction… write about it.